If you are following the No More Desperate Moms movement or are planning on reading the book, you’ve probably seen the resolution. It’s great. If you would like you can find a pdf of the resolution here.
If I’m a Mom of Little Ones…
- I will choose to celebrate each day with my children as gifts from God.
- I will remember that I am not alone in my feelings of inadequacy.
- I will remember to accept my limitations with grace.
- I will remember that one day, this season of little ones will be over.
- I will commit to making my relationship with my husband a priority, knowing that we are partners in the raising of eternal souls in our care.
- I will pursue friendships with other moms.
- I will not feel guilty for taking time to myself to refresh my soul.
- I will fill myself with good things in order to keep growing myself as a woman.
- I will talk to my children about the importance of serving others.
- I will not compare myself with other moms, but instead be the mom God created me to be.
- I will remember the hard years of raising little ones so that one day I will help a mother of little ones. I will do for another mom what I wish someone would have done for me.
- I will remember to look my babies in the eye, nibble their toes, nuzzle in their necks, dance with them, giggle with them, and remember in whose image they were created.
If I am past the little years and my children are grown…
- I will commit to teaching a young mom how to walk with God and to read His word daily.
- I will “adopt” a young mom who doesn’t have a mom, and I will mentor her and love her.
- I will commit to take a mom of little ones a meal from time to time.
- I will commit to offer to watch a mom’s little ones once a month.
- I will commit to doing an act of service (laundry, dishes, general cleaning) for a mom with little ones once a month.
- I will encourage my older daughters to serve young moms.
- I will remember to tell women to accept their limitations with grace.
- I will remember that I am raising generations by helping and loving moms so they can persevere in the noble call of motherhood.
- I will do for a young mother what I wish someone would have done for me.