The pumpkin pancakes Mike made this morning hit the spot. They were worth dreaming about for several months.
- 1 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 6-8 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl. In a 2-cup Pyrex measuring cup, melt butter. Then whisk together milk, pumpkin puree, and egg. Fold mixture into dry ingredients. Cook pancakes on skillet heated to medium for 2-3 minutes per side.